top of page
Call us today!
Longest-serving & most-experienced
fishing charter in the Central UP!
Flora's Famous Pickled Lake Trout
1) Brine 2 -3" skinned fillet pieces in 4 cups of water and 1 cup of pickling salt for 48 hours.
2) Drain and rinse fish in cold water.
3) Cover fish with white vinegar and refrigerate for 24 hours.
4) Drain and pack in glass jar.
5) Make syrup and cool before adding to fish. Ingredients are below:
2 cups white vinegar
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 bay leaves
1 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp peppercorns
5 whole cloves
6) Add sliced onion to jar.
7) Refrigerate for 1-2 weeks before eating.
bottom of page